Are your kids preparing for their ensuing exams? Do you find them getting stressed up? Do you find that their concentration is taking a back seat? Are they fretting and fuming at you? Do they say 'I can't remember whatever I study'? Do they feel that the red stop sign is constantly displayed before them when they study? Does all this stress you too?
As the exams get near, you (and the teachers too) tend to constantly advise the youngsters to study better and harder so that they excel in their class. You tell your kid that he or she has to study more and more, else the kid may not even pass the exam. This not only over-stresses the child but also causes him or her fear and anxiety of the ensuing exams.
It is necessary that the child is relaxed and does not feel the strain of studying and at the same time is able to assimilate comfortably whatever it studies without getting stressed up. Too much motivation can stress the young mind and can cause more harm than help.
Some Simple Vastu (and other) guidelines, as follow, can contribute to better concentration of your kids and make them go to the exam hall without fear and write their exams with courage.
Let your child ….
- Never sleep with the head to the west and north.
- Never sleep in the northwest sector of the home or northwest part of the room (if he is a boy)
- Never sleep in the southeast sector of the home or southeast sector of the room (if she is a girl).
- Avoid mirrors in the bedroom.
- Avoid mirrors on the south and west walls in the study area.
- Study facing east or north.
- Keep the study table and area extremely clean without dumping books and papers around.
- Have the study area in the northeast sector of the home or the northeast part of the room.
- Have a lukewarm shower before going to bed if stressed up.
- Have a fish aquarium, water fountain or a half a dozen bamboo plants in the northeast of the living area (where the family gets together) but never in the corner.
- Make liberal use of green and yellow color (dark and light hues) in the bedroom and study areas. These colors can be used as bed linen, study table cloth, indoor plants (herbal), floor mats, curtains, pillow covers, clothes, etc.
- Face east if she is a girl and north if he is a boy while dining.
- To occupy the same place and orient to the same direction each day to build up the kid’s positive aura in the area.
- Not allow others to make use of the kid's study and bed area.
- To eat a few leaves of the Basil plant each morning on an empty stomach
- Never play loud music that can contribute to mind distraction and stress,
- Have soft lilting music at minimum volume in the bedroom during night. This can be the Gayatri Mantra too.
- Avoid sleeping or studying in a room that has the door at an angle to the attached walls
Tell your kid that you are there to support him or her and always make positive comments of the kid's better points. Never ever make the mistake of advising or commenting on the kid's shortcomings while the kid is on the dining table. Make them feel that you love them.
Allow them to have some relaxation like playing sports and music or taking them out to a restaurant without compelling them.
Don’t promise rewards to your kids for the outcome of the exams. On the other hand during the period of preparation give them small gifts patting on their backs now and then. Tell them they are indeed hardworking and intelligent. Give them positive and encouraging suggestions and make them feel that your support is there for them always.
Encourage (but never force) them to exercise, meditate and be relaxed. Avoid anything that is likely to distract your kid in the study area — be it the visual or audio media.
Okay parents, here's wishing your intelligent kid all the best in the ensuing exam. Let Vastu assist in making your kid a stress- free leader!