- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today.
- Take a second look; it costs you nothing.
- Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back.
- Talk does not cook rice.
- Flies never get into an egg that has no crack.
- Once a tree falls, the monkeys on it will scatter.
- Keep your broken arm inside your sleeve.
- You want no one to know it? Then don't do it.
- The one who plants the tree is not the one who will enjoy its shade.
- A new broom sweeps well and the old one leaves dirt behind
- The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap.
- The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare.
- Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?
- The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain
- If the only tool you have is a hammer, you will see everything as a nail.