Migraine headache slows down our daily routine and sometimes it may halt our chores for a day or two. Modern world life styles push people to a whirlpool of work and stress. Unhealthy lifestyle and diet worsens the matter. This is a very favorable condition for migraine headache to spring up.
Here are a few tips which will help to control migraine attacks.
Image (c) Gettyimages.com
- Avoid exposure to severe weather conditions.
- Wear a hat or cap when you have to walk in hot sun.
- Do not consume very cold beverages. Leave them until they are at room temperature.
- Strictly avoid ice creams, banana, chocolates (cocoa) and soft drinks.
- Usually acidity or gastric irritation triggers migraine headache. Hence avoid foods which cause acidity.
- Some may experience migraine attack after a meal containing Deep fried foods or spices or green chilli or cheese.
- Make a note of foods and daily activities which might have precipitated an attack. This helps you to get an idea about the food and activities which have to be avoided.
- Regular exercise helps to keep migraine at bay. Walking at a moderate speed is an ideal exercise.
- Sleep well at night. Regular sleep pattern prevents migraine attacks.
- Drink plenty of water. When body is hydrated well, chances of getting migraine reduces.
- Stress is the major cause for migraine headaches. Involve in stress busting activities like Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing exercises etc.
- When you feel stressed and tiered take a foot massage and foot bath. This relaxes body and mind. According massage therapists migraine headache can be relieved by massaging the pressure points on foot.
- Avoid over physical exertion.
- Keep away from tobacco, alcohol, marijuana etc which cause addiction.