Stretch marks occur when collagen fibers of skin break due to sudden increase in expansion. This happen when people gain weight very quickly, fast growth and pregnancy. Over weighted persons get stretch marks on their hips, stomach, arms etc.
Stretch marks, once created, don’t entirely go away. Red colored stretch marks fade away slowly into silver colored streaks.
Keeping the skin well hydrated helps to prevent stretch marks. For this the following tips will be helpful
- Drink plenty of water. Sipping a small glass of water every hour is very helpful.
- Consuming fresh fruit juice is also helpful
- Avoid using harsh soaps. Harsh soaps make skin dry.
- Use chenna dal flour or moong dal flour to scrub body.
- Massage whole body with coconut oil ½ hour before taking bath.
- Avoid tea, coffee etc which cause dehydration.
- Keep away from tobacco, alcohol as these cause dryness of skin.
- Include food which contain Vitamin E (Carrots, tomatoes, corns, leafy vegetables etc)
- Eat nuts and fresh fruits.
- Massage your belly with sesame oil or castor oil before going to bed.
- Cocoa butter is very useful in pregnancy stretch marks.
- Avoid sweets, saturated, deep fried and dry food.
- Olive oil and almond oil are also helpful in reducing stretch marks