- Ayurveda recommends Coconut oil or naarikela taila (in ayurveda) in conditions like dry skin and skin diseases. It has been found that application of coconut oil is beneficial in psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
- Massaging coconut oil on body has myriad benefits. It prevents formation of wrinkles, ageing of skin and pigmentation. It is known as varnya in ayurveda. Varnya means restoring the complexion and glow of skin
- It relieves stress when massaged on scalp and rejuvenates scalp and hair. It is classified as keshya. Keshya signifies its action as a hair friendly herb. Application of coconut oil helps to prevent hair loss, dandruff and increase hair growth. It also acts as a natural hair conditioner.
- Massaging foot with coconut oil helps to soften cracked heels and increases the beauty of foot.
- Application of coconut oil accelerates the process of wound healing. It is very safe to apply on cuts and wounds.