- Amla juice mixed with water help to lower the body temperature during summers. It also helps to reduce body temperature during fever.
- Amla helps to expel body toxins. Regular use of amla in the form of powder, juice or raw fruit helps to detoxify body, retard aging process and boosts body immunity.
- Wash face thoroughly and apply juice of amla or amla water (3 tea spoons of concentrated amla water). Its astringent properties help to reduce wrinkles and close pores. Amla keeps the skin healthy and increases its fairness and glow.
- The berries of amla help to normalize metabolism thus prevents accumulation of fat.
- Regular consumption of amla helps to rejuvenate liver, reduce acidity and problems arising due to pitta . Researches have shown that amla can reduce blood sugar level. For this add 3 tea spoons of amla water to a glass of regular water and consume regularly around 4-5 times a day.
- Amla is known to improve health of hair. Use pure coconut oil boiled with amla fruits for regular application on hair. Apply this oil at night and massage scalp. Wash it off next day morning. Persons with oily hair can use amla water (mix 3 tea spoons of amal water + 3 tea spoon of lemon juice + water - quantity required) as hair wash.
- Amla is known as “vrishya “ in Ayurveda. Vrishya means aphrodisiac. It helps to rejuvenate male reproductive system and to increase the fertility of women.
- Preparation of Amla water: Amla water can be used when fresh amla fruit juice is not available. Follow these steps to make amla water. Take 3 tea spoons of dry amla fruits. Thoroughly wash them and soak over night in clean water. Mash and Squeeze the soaked amla fruits next day morning and filter the juice. Store this juice in a small jar and refrigerate it. Mix this concentrated juice to clean water according to use.
- Amla powder: Powder dry fruits of amla. Add hing, rock salt according to taste. Consume this mixture with hot cooked rice and a tea spoon of ghee. This helps to reduce indigestion and acidity.