Feb 29, 2024
Feb 29, 2024
|By conventional democratic norms for a scam of this magnitude the PM would have resigned by accepting constructive responsibility. However in our system constructive responsibility does not seem to exist. Unless the minister is caught with his own hand in the till, he is deemed innocent. But the released correspondence between Raja and the PM suggests more than violating the constructive responsibility principle. PM had full knowledge of what was being done.
More by : Dr. Rajinder Puri
|Dear Shri Puri, Namaste, Thanks for clarification.
|I am truly astonished by Mr Raina! Where in my article have I opposed the functioning of parliament or supported the setting up of the JPC? As a matter of fact I disapprove the opposition's tactics and think the PAC should be allowed to function. My article deals solely with the relationship between the PM and A. Raja revealed by newly released correspondence dated 2007. Indians should try to get out of seeing things only through the prism of the government versus opposition syndrome and judge issues objectively. Both the government and the opposition are equally deplorable.
|I totality disagree with the Rajender Puri views. Parliament is the best forum to keep a watch on and improve the functioning of the Government. Parliament is at the centre of our democratic edifice. One wonders what kind of politics the opposition believes in when they do not have faith even in Parliament.
CAG report on the 2 G spectrum is being examined by the PAC which itself is a Joint Parliamentary Committee presided over by a senior leader of the BJP. Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi. The PAC has all the powers which can be given to a JPC and the PAC is the acknowledged watchdog of any financial impropriety or misconduct. The PAC's report will be placed before Parliament and will be debated in Parliament. The government is obliged to take action on the recommendations of the PAC. Government is of the considered view that in the background of multifaceted action now in place no purpose will be served by a JPC, except to delay the inquiry and politicize the matter.
The BJ P has been falsely propagating that the UPA government is against the JPC because we do not want the Prime Minister to be questioned by a Parliamentary Committee, thereby implying that Dr Singh has something to hide. Has he any thing to hide? Refering his statement to at the AICC session recerly he stated categorically that he has nothing to hide from the public at large and as a proof of his bonafides he intended to write to the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee that he shall be happy to appear before the PAC if it chooses to ask him to do so. As Prime Minister of this great country for six and a half years, he has tried to serve the country to the best of his ability.
1) Subramaniam Swami has already mentioned that 60% of the money was paid to Sonia's sisters in Italy
2) Arun Shourie is on record that nothing can possibly escape the notice of a vigilant PM. He cites clear personal examples. A tainted minister, A.Raja, was re-appointed, despite everything.
3) For what it is worth,Madhu Kishwar has clearly said that the premise that the PM is "extraordinarily honest" is completely unfounded.
4) Several blogs , including Atanu Dey's blog, clearly show that the PM was never clean
5) It appears that even the 1991 Economic Reforms was Mr. Narasimha Rao's idea; Singh came up with an utterly ordinary budget which was then changed at Rao's behest.
6) This has got to be the worst Indian government EVER.
7) Non-action in Singrur against CPM goons, appointment of tainted President (Patil), tainted CEC Chawla, tainted CVC Thomas, appointment of a pathetic Home Minister (Shivraj Patil followed by Chidambaram) failure and complete mismanagement of CWG, diplomatic blunders against Pakistan, repeated non-performance by many ministers including the Ministers for Civil Aviation and Agriculture, EVM scam, non-action in Satyam case, complete failure to deal with CAG reports, complete failure in JNK, failure to deal with violence against Indians in Australia, failure to deal with Somali piracy and occupation of remote Lakshadweep islands by Pakistani terrorists, non--action against spreading Islamic terrorism in India, failure to follow-up 26/11 effectively, non-action against Maoists..... the list is endless.
The Kkkangress with Sonia, Rahul and Singh need to be out of power for a very, very long time.
|Mr. Puri has reached his conclusion according to conventional logic - Mr. Singh (the Lion) and his likes do not respect any convention - they will act according to the law of the jungle.