|Dark circles or under eye circles are common beauty complaint. Men and women experience dark circles under their eyes at one time or another.
The thin skin under eyes is very delicate. When this delicate skin gets damaged due to various causes, dark circles appear. Sun rays, stress, sleeplessness etc cause dryness and wrinkling of skin under eyes. This exposes veins which are beneath the under eye skin. All these together make the skin under eyes to look dark.
Here are few effective methods to prevent under eye circles or dark circles.
Home remedies for dark circles under eyes
- Sleep well. A good undisturbed sleep for eight hours helps to get rid of dark circles.
- Reduce stress. Indulge in stress busting activities like outdoor sports, listening to music, gardening etc.
- Eat healthy foods. Include fresh green vegetables and fruits in diet.
- Drink plenty of water. Well hydrated skin is not prone for wrinkling.
- Avoid junk foods and deep fried foods. Nourishing diet helps to prevent dark circles.
- Say good bye to sweets and chocolates.
- Wear dark shaded glasses and hat with shade, when you step out in sun. This prevents sun burn.
- Do not scratch under eye skin.
- Restrict salt intake.
- Avoid coffee, tobacco and recreational drugs.
- Exercise regularly. A brisk walk for 30 minutes is the best exercise.
- Apply coconut oil or castor oil on under eye skin; tap the skin gently with fingertips.
- Dip two cotton balls in fresh cucumber juice and place them on eyes.
- Place thin slices of potato on eyes.
- Practice YOGA and Meditation.
- Pranayama or deep breathing exercises help a lot in under eye circles.
- Dip green tea bags in refrigerated water and place them on eyes.
- Applying a face pack of green apple gives very good results.
- Mix sugar cane juice with turmeric and apply it on under eye skin.
- Applying egg white on under eye skin help to reduce dark circles.