Ayurvedic Management in Hydronephrosis by Manoj Gedam SignUp

Stories
Travelogues
Workshop

Ayurveda Share This Page
Ayurvedic Management in Hydronephrosis
by Dr. Manoj Gedam Bookmark and Share

Hydronephrosis is a swelling of one or both the kidneys due to back flow of the urine. This condition is not a disease itself but occurs along with other disease conditions. Conditions such as kidney stones, back-flow of urine from bladder to kidney, etc can cause hydronephrosis. Approximately, 1 in 100 people are known to get affected with the condition. The treatment and home remedies for hydronephrosis are discussed below.

Hydronephrosis Treatment
Hydronephrosis condition is treated depending on the cause and severity of urine blockage and back-flow. Treatment is done to:

• Remove the urine build-up in kidneys and relieve the pressure
  • To prevent further complications

Removing the urine build-up
In acute hydronephrosis condition, the urine build—up should be quickly drained out to prevent kidney damage. A small incision is made in the skin and a tube is inserted directly into the kidney. This makes the urine to flow outside and thus relieves the pressure on kidneys.

In chronic hydronephrosis condition i.e hydronephrosis which develops slowly, an immediate treatment is not required. But the urine build-up must be drained out. In this condition, soft tubes are inserted into the ureters to allow urine to flow out.

Treating the cause and preventing further complications

After the urine build-up is treated and removed, the cause for the condition has to be treated. Surgical treatment is performed to remove the kidney stones from the kidney or ureter. Even the abnormal parts of ureter are removed through surgery. If the junction in between the bladder and ureter is blocked, the ureter is removed from that part and attached to a different part of the bladder.
Antibiotic medications are prescribed by the doctor to decrease the pain and infections after the surgery.

Home remedies for Hydronephrosis

Listed below are few home remedies for hydronephrosis

• Mix 2 teaspoons of olive oil with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Consume it followed with a glass of water. This is very effective home remedy for kidney stones that would lead to hydronephrosis.
  • Watermelon is very good for patients with kidney stones.
  • Make a fine paste of pomegranate seeds and take it along with a cup of horse gram soup. It helps in dissolving the stones that cause hydronephrosis.
  • Prepare juice of radish leaves and take a cup of juice twice a day.
  • Consume tomato juice early in the morning. For better results, add salt and pepper to it.
  • Consume lots of water and other fluids.

In Hydronephrosis following Ayurvedic treatment will help a lot:
TRIN PANCH MOOL 30GM, VARUN ROOT BARK 30GM, PALAASH 30GM, RAKT-CHANDAN 30GM, PUNARVA 20GM, GOKSHRU 20GM, SHIGRU 20GM, APAMARG 10GM, SHIRISH 10GM
Get all the above powdered & mixed thoroughly then take 10gm of powder & boil it in 400ml of water until only 50ml of water left then administer that 50ml once in a day or you can also repeat the process twice daily as per the requirement & ailment of the patient. If this like to be a heavy exercise then you can also advise the patient to take 5gm of powder with lukewarm water twice daily. Along with -

1. VARUNADI KWATH 15ml+15mlwater BID after meals
2. PASHANBHEDADI CHURAN 3-6GM BID
3. TAB. PUNARAVA MANDUR 2BID .

10-Mar-2016
More by :  Dr. Manoj Gedam

Views: 12264      Comments: 34

Comments on this Article

Comment My 9 month baby is suffering from mild hydronephrosis can u suggest treatment in patanjali

Bk singh
07/03/2020 00:50 AM

Comment My baby having in born left kidney hydronephrpsis is 11.4 mm bur now 6 months My baby having left kidney mild hydronephrosis is 12.2 mm .doctor suggest rc scan . For this any surjery is necessary or any Ayurvedic treatment will remove tell me...sir

Ambika
05/23/2020 02:55 AM

Comment I am 30 yrs old man, I have had signs of mild to moderate left Renal Hydronephrosis on scans. No kidney stones....specialist wants to monitor.
I have symptoms of frequency, urgency , poor stream.

Can you advise .....what I should be doing to control this condition without taking chances of further progression ...

Shogun
05/20/2020 08:04 AM

Comment I have left kidney hydronephrosis,,and I have done scan twice,the first time I did,kidney enlargement was found,and I was asked to do confirmatory tests e.g EPV,which I did weeks after the scan,later nothing was found,I was told by the doctor that nothing is wrong with my kidney,just that I have to reduce my salt intake,but recently,,I had another severe pain on the same left side of my stomach and went for another scan,the result seen was kidney hydronephrosis,,please what can I do?

Toby
04/24/2020 20:20 PM

Comment I underwent ureteric re-implantation in the year 2011 and now i feel pains in my right side. after a CT scan i was told i have a DISTAL 1/3 URETERIC PARTIAL OBSTRUCTION. Ian looking for Ayurveda medicine.

Omar
04/24/2020 06:53 AM

Comment I am suffering from hydronephrosis in PuJ obstruction in left kidney ( blocked ureter). Every doctor says surgery.Is it cured without surgery? Please help me ...

Chandrani Mahapatra Giri.
03/16/2020 07:35 AM

Comment I hv 0.96cm stone in left ureter and modrate Hydronephorosis, nephrologistt suggest surgery. Can it cover by ayurveda treatment

Dipa barwat
03/14/2020 08:35 AM

Comment Dear sir
My 2.5 yr son is suffering from mild hydronephrosis with mild inflammation in left kidney
But ct and usg scan is showing no sign of stone
What should we do at this stage kindly help us

Sanjeev claire
03/12/2020 11:36 AM

I had kidney stone and while removal in first attempt it was found that the ureter is narrow and was not accessible to break the stone. So a stent was placed for 2 weeks plus and still it was hard to reach the stone but somehow broke and removed 90%. But then doctor said the ureter is narrow and not in a good condition and further a stent is placed for 6-8 weeks. But still if it doesn't improve, what is the solution??? Is there any medication to cure the same without surgery??

AJ
03/10/2020 11:05 AM

Comment Marked right sided hydronephrosis due to PUJ calculus and multiple renal calculi

Subrato mazumdar
02/04/2020 11:48 AM

Comment I am suffering from lt kidney Hydronephrosis due to upj for last three months and continue antibiotic. Is there anyway to avoid surgery?

Saifulm mandal
02/01/2020 18:31 PM

Comment Please help in hydroutroneprosis how prevent the disease ,doctor

Prem kumar
01/25/2020 06:21 AM

Comment Right side hydronephrosis. Please suggest.

Bhaga
12/20/2019 02:26 AM

Comment Hi Sir, My daughter is of one year and have inborn left side mild hydronephrosis with sudden taparing of renal pelvis measure 14 mm. Now.Please guide me with diet and Ayurveda treatment.

Thanks!!

Ravi Bhelau
12/12/2019 03:40 AM

Comment I had hydronephrosis due to kidney stone in ureter. I had a nephrostomy tube and stent. Kidney stone was removed and stent was replaced. After that stent was removed, i was sent for cat scan 2 days later and it still showed hydronephrosis. I have a renal scan scheduled. I am currently taking herbs for kidney and kidney stones. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Amanda
12/04/2019 06:19 AM

Comment Hi Sir, My wife is 5 months pregnant and we did two anamoly scan, we found that baby is having UPJ obstruction and scan shows Renal Pelvis Diameter 9.5MM. In the second(after 15 days from first scan) Anamoly scan, Renal Pelvis Diameter is increased to 13.mm. Now we are really not sure, how to treat or should we continue with baby. Your advice would be very helpful.

Prashanth
11/26/2019 23:53 PM

Comment Hi, I'm a 24 years old man diagnosed with hydronephrosis 19mm a few months ago, do you think I should do the surgery, ESWL or is there a better solution?

James
11/20/2019 12:23 PM

Comment Sir my son 10yrs is suffering from hydronephrotic.in left kidney.plz advice best ayurvedic treatment

Mangilal
11/20/2019 11:49 AM

Comment Hi Sir,my kid is 9 years old and dected left side mild hydronephrosis with sudden taparing of renal pelvis measure 16 mm. Now he have pain in abdomen not in fix sport.n o backapain.Please gude me with diet and Ayurveda.

Khagendra nath Patra
11/15/2019 19:34 PM

Comment Moderate Hydronephrosis in right kidney.feeling pain in right side and back pain.albumin trace in urine,pls suggest proper treatment sir,doctor wants to surgery but I'm not interested

Md Rakibul Hasan Palash
11/04/2019 08:31 AM

Comment Sir,
My mother is suffering from hydronephrosis and have mildly swelling in both kidneys.She had gone through Antibiotics for swelling in kidney from last three months.After that also it was remaining. Now also she continuing the antibiotics,but its not curing my mother.
We are very much worried. Plz guide.

Hamsa
10/29/2019 03:23 AM

Comment Hi sir,
my kid is detected with hydronephrosis from birth .could u please suggest ways to treat by natural ways n methods.he is now two years.we are following up with scan every 6 months.its mild since birth.

Lavanya
10/22/2019 00:55 AM

Comment In left side i have bifid pelvis as well as hydronephrosis... as per EC renogram scanning renal split function is normal.. but there is a severe pain due to narrowing of a part of ureter.. surgery is required or it will heal by any medication

Srishti
09/01/2019 07:41 AM

Comment I have suffered PUJ obstruction at the right kidney..
Doctors suggest to go surgery so pl help me to recover this through ayurvedic medicine..

S.sudhakar
08/20/2019 08:54 AM

Comment Excellent article. Please add me to your mailing

Sudhir Acharya
07/11/2019 10:07 AM

Comment Which olive oil should I use for hydronephrosis treatment as stated above?

Jyoti Ghai
07/09/2019 06:30 AM

Comment Sir,
My mother is suffering from hydronephrosis and have swelling in both kidneys.She had gone through surgery for swelling in kidney in 2009.After that there was swelling in one kidney.Now her both kidneys has got effected.
Doctor has refused for surgery due to past record of surgery and suggested for stent placement.
We are very much worried.Plz guide.

Jyoti Ghai
07/09/2019 06:21 AM

Comment Mild Hydronephrosis in right kidney.feeling pain in right side and back pain.pls suggest proper treatment

Rajesh kohli
06/19/2019 04:59 AM

Comment I am suffering with hydronephrosis. But I don't have kidney stone .back pain always full face and legs are swelling .total urin not out flow coming all scannigs done .URIN burning I am suffering from 2 years plz plz SIR

R SATISH KUMAR
03/05/2019 02:11 AM

Comment Sir there is no stone no other ostacle seen in CT SCANE only bend in my ureter, due this there is a little dilation after 3- 4 hrs and mild swelling in kidney so what treatment i took for this or how much time i avoid surgery

Anuradha soni
03/04/2019 02:25 AM

Comment Sir, I've bilateral hydronephrosis, so ..kindly suggest me natural remedies to cure itself...bcz i cant spend much money for surgeries ..bcz I'm poor and nobody to take care for me in my hospitalization..
plz help me

sarada
02/26/2019 03:10 AM

Comment i have a hydronephrosis plzz help me sir

vikash kumar rajak
02/21/2019 23:41 PM

Comment I have been diagnoses with mild bilateral nephrosis due to a severely prolapsed bladder/uterine also. Is there a natural treatment I can do at home? Is there an ayurvedic doctor in the Southwestern U.S. that can help? Thank you very much.

susan cooper
02/04/2019 05:43 AM

Comment Pls give me advice about hydronephrosis

rajesh
12/13/2018 02:17 AM

Name *
Email ID
 (will not be published)
Comment *
Characters
Verification Code*
Can't read? Reload
Please fill the above code for verification.

Top | Ayurveda

1999-2020 All Rights Reserved

No part of this Internet site may be reproduced without prior written permission of the copyright holder