Well, I watched a Tamizh movie after a long spell and really enjoyed it notwithstanding the facts
- A boisterous and garish opening song and dance scene (this normally comes in the end in Hindi movies where I can walkout)
- A tad lengthy narration for a crime thriller
- Incessant addressing of ‘Machchan’ and ‘Mamu’ by the main players.
- Though most of the cheeky one-liners were given to the side-kick Rakshan
- The old timers will become more scared of buying electronic gadgets online and using ATM cards!
If I tell the story it would be spoiler, so I prefer to abstain from that. I liked the movie because
- It is really rich and sophisticated for a Tamizh film which presently thrives on super hero, villages, gore, violence, politics and, ah well, sermons!
- Complete absence of ‘fight scenes’!! (What a great relief from the re-recording ‘dishum, dishum’)
- More unexpected twists and turns than a bowl full of noodles; but, enjoyable
- Smart Dulquer Salmaan and pleasant Ritu Varma (with substantial footage for the female lead)
- Above all very smart and tech savvy writing.
By the way, who is this Desingh Periasamy?