"You will not always be the smartest person in the room". Here are 6 Signs to Check if you are really smart?
1. Slow but Steady - If you think you are too slow at learning new things, That's ok! Just keep going! You might need more time than usual for doing something but eventually consistency pays. The tortoise always wins!
2. Keep Learning - It is said that "The only time you stop learning is when you are dead!" People who keep learning will always keep improving their life skills and have a more successful life.
3. Intent - Do your job in the best possible way. This will give you immense satisfaction at the end of the day. Don't expect to be paid for free!
4. Sharpen your Axe - It is important to overcome your weaknesses, but it is crucial to strengthen your strengths! Always work on your strengths, it would define you eventually!
5. Empathy - Don't push around other people to feel powerful. Be empathetic to your colleague/partner in pain. Give them time and space to heal. Care for your team. Someday, you would need healing too. Be Human!
6. Team Player - The only way one can truly move forward is to act like a single unit. Sportsmen understand this open secret. Stop pushing down and start pulling up!
Stop showing off and playing politics in order to move up the ladder. This will be rewarding in the short term but remember what goes around comes around!
PS: You can't always be the smartest person in the room, but you can always be the hardest worker around!
Originally written May 23, 2020