Vegetables - beans, carrots, green peas, potato, cauliflower - Required amount
Elakkai, Cinnamon and Krambu - 1 each
Kasa Kasa - 1 teaspoon
Onion -1 small and 1 big
Green chillies - 7 or 8 (add or reduce accordingly how spicy you want)
Curd - 1/4 cup
Cashews - 5 whole
Dry coconut or Kopra - 7 teaspoons
Jeera - 1 tsp.
Garlic - 7 or 8
Ginger - 1 medium piece
Tomato - 2 medium size
Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
Dhania powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
Ghee - 2 tsp.
- Boil the vegetable till it is half done. Drain water
- Grind together coconut, green chillies, ginger, garlic, jeera, cashews, 1 small onion and kasa kasa with 1/2 of the coriander leaves.
- Keep aside
- Keep the kadai and add 1 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. ghee and fry 1 onion
- After the onions turned in to the golden brown, cut 2 tomatoes and add that too.
- When tomatoes become little soft, add the vegetable and stir for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Then add the masala paste and mix the masala with vegetables for 2 minutes, now add curd and mix properly
- Then add required amount of salt, chilli powder and coriander power
- Add 1/2 tsp. of garam masala, and also add the required amount of water, let the whole thing boil for 10 - 12 minutes (or till the vegetables are fully done).
- Just before serving add 1 tsp. of ghee and decorate with few coriander leaves.
This is how I make Korma, it comes out very good each time I prepare this. Let me know your feedback.