Picking some pebbles (Quotes) Maria Reed-Shore appends her own thoughtful observation and experience to them....
- With all her faults I love her still. ~Monroe H. Rosenfeld
Love consists of compromise, not fairy tales and paradise. We love someone for their qualities, enriches us in our abilities. They fill the empty gaps, like color and flowers in our bower. Makes us feel grander toward the opposite gender, in our parade through life.
- The best proof of love is trust. ~Dr. Joyce Brothers
When we love, we trust someone with our heart. A precious gift, that's sent from heaven above. Bonding with a token, that will last throughout our lives.
- What you can be, and have, and accomplish and experience depends not so much on where you're looking as it does on what you decide to see. ~Ralph Marston
The mirror within and without tells us plainly what we have done and have to do. Nothing can keep us from our spirit and purpose. Take pride in what you do, and all will fall into place.
- We are dying all the time and life is too short to hold on to dreams that are no longer dreaming, words that have no meaning, feelings no longer feeling ~ Billy Corgan
Holding on is fruitless, love lost moments, unfulfilled accomplishments, disappointments . . . linger not in this place. Suffer like little children, but carry on to another plane air it out, a renewed outlook will appear, a new sunrise.
- I kiss your hands and kneel before you ..
to assure you that my whole mind,
all the breadth of my spirit,
all my heart exist only to love you.
I adore you ...
so beautiful, so perfect,
so made to be cherished,
adored and loved to death and madness. ~Anonymus
Led by love and passion.
Taking chances, dying to self,
Like a seed buried in the ground,
dying so one can bloom.
I wish to love, with all my heart,
tossing caution to the wind,
let it send me rainbows.
- I do not resent criticism, even when, for the sake of emphasis, it parts for the time with reality. ~Winston Churchill
I take life's lesson, the rules of hard knocks. I care not, as long as I can see the results. Success is not easily won, but through war of self and circumstance.
- What have you told yourself you cannot do? Find a strong enough reason, and not only can you do it, you will. ~Ralph Marston
Determination to succeed. We have it in us, if we choose the talents within ourselves. Dig deep, and you will see where it's at, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel, don't give up.
- When love speaks,
the voice of all the gods,
makes heaven drowsy
with the harmony. ~William Shakespeare
Sonnets of the heart,
sung in harmony.
Smiles and serenity springs,
when one's heart is full of love.
We shower heaven with bliss,
hearts full of surrender
It is like a cherub's wings fluttering,
joyfully and oh so tender.
- I love you, oh my darling, and what I can‘t make out is why since you have left me I‘m somehow still about. ~John Betjeman
Love's endless quest, for happiness. Yet when love comes along, we find we can't get along. The endless job of tug of war, shall I let go, or hang on. Why can't you love, and let it be. Surrender, let it be me.
- There came a time when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anais Nin
When it is time to grow, take wing. discover, what the world holds for us. To remain entombed in a cocoon, and never venture to see the moon, the stars, experience Mars, go far to ventures, experience failures. Does a butterfly not experience beauty, when it burst forth from the cocoon. . .as a worm and a metamorphic, were they able to soar and taste the honey? So spread your wings, bloom from a bud, you will experience life and the beauty of things.
- It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. Be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings. ~Ralph Marston
After each storm a rainbow comes. A rock put through chisel or furnace, will become, a gem or precious specimen. Be it gold or silver or diamond. We will eventually turn into treasure . . . accepting the bad with the good, and choose to aspire.
- Love is indescribable and unconditional. I could tell you a thousand things it is not, but not one that it is. ~Duke Ellington
Love is elusive, we strive our entire life to achieve it, and find in the end, that it was all conceptual, not real. For love unconditional was meant for heaven.
- Few things are more attractive than courage, cheerfulness and optimism. But they take on an extra dimension when you realize that they are not a lucky assembly of character traits, but the result of an act of will - a deliberate attempt to tackle an unkind destiny with strength of purpose and good humor. ~Jane Shilling
The characteristics of courage is the will to prevail, even after tragedy has struck.
- All the special days in the past have brought us here today. All the special days to come, begin taking shape right now. Today is indeed a special day, a sacred gift that is ours to fulfill. ~Ralph Marston
Accomplishment of peace and serenity brings fruition, tranquility to all.
- There is only one kind of love, but there are a thousand different versions. ~La Rochefoucauld
The way of love, illusive and enchanting, delightful for all who wish to experience the glow. We know what possibilities there are in loving, we grow, mature, multiply, achieve, become fruitful human beings. When love is right, it will prosper, flourish like a field of wildflowers, abundant and beautiful.
- It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then you are indeed a man of true wisdom. ~Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Cumbersome the task of constant companion to yourself. We deal and observe faults and flaws that are within, never seeing what accomplishment we have achieved. Look without, focus on the horizon, you will see a magnified view of the complete you.
- ...our culture wants to turn mysteries into problems to be solved or breakdowns to be fixed, because maintaining the illusion that we can "straighten things out" makes us feel powerful. Yet mysteries never yield to solutions or fixes – and when we pretend that they do, life not only becomes more banal but more hopeless, because the fixes never works. ~Parker J. Palmer
Can we pour an ocean into a teacup, explain away the mysteries? Can we find the answers why we are here? We find true meaning and serenity through acceptance of each day. Not try to solve the problems, let it solve itself in it's own time.
- A positive attitude uncovers opportunities that you simply could never even imagine without it. ~Ralph Marston
Acceptance of our limitations, yet we tend to dream. If we continue, it may happen make our wish come true.
- Get out of your nice warm bed while it's still nice and warm. Move beyond your comfort zone before it smothers you. There's so much more to life than mere comfort. ~Ralph Marston
Complacency with life cannot gain success. We strive for more, and all we get is, dissatisfaction . . . if we rule out happiness. We have to find what's good for us, create a goal and go for it. Follow, with determination, with positive results.
- How, see and hold the full range of our experiences in our minds and in our hearts makes an enormous difference in the quality of this journey we are on, and what it means to us. It can influence we go, what happens, what we learn, and how we feel along the way. Where. ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Experience life and what it brings, wisdom is gained from the good and bad. Hard to be positive when we view all things with jaundiced eyes. A new day begins, for another chance to uplift those we meet and love, We will attain success, in reaping a good harvest, with love and compassion.