* No matter how organized and vigilant we are, life still has a way of bringing us to our knees.
* We make our decisions, and then our decisions turn around and make us.
* I believe that how you live, how I live, how we all live as human beings is largely a matter of choice.
* It is through the integrity of our choices that we create the life we long for.
* Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out.
* We have a responsibility to stand up for what we believe is right, no matter how uncomfortable it feels.
* No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.
* I wake up every morning and thank God for all the joy and abundance with which he has blessed me.
* As important as it is to strive for a good life, it's also important to recognize when we have it good, and give thanks to God.
* Faith is courage; it is creative while despair is always destructive.
* Bad stuff happens to good people and there's not much any of us can do about it except choose how to respond.
* Whatever we are called to do, we live most fully by pursuing our callings with everything we have within us.
* Nobody's perfect; all that matters is that we do everything we're capable of doing.
* Marriage is three parts love and seven parts forgiveness.
* What makes people happy is to be accepted.
* If we want to be truly autonomous, truly our own selves, and take our lives to the next level, we must embrace the good parts of our upbringing and refuse to allow the bad parts to rule our lives.
* When it looks as if people have all this great stuff going on, it's only because it's right for them, and that's because they did their best to make it that way.
* Every day offers ahance to choose either anger or understanding, bitterness or acceptance, darkness or light.
* Good marriages aren't born, they're made...and they're made every time by an ongoing process of loving, unselfish negotiation.