1. It is required to convert carbohydrates into glucose in the body, thus leading to energy production and a decrease in fatigue and lethary in the body.
2. It helps in healthy regulation of the nervous system, reducing depression, stress, and brain shrinkage.
3. It helps maintain a healthy digestive system. Vitamin B12 also protects against heart disease by curbing and improving unhealthy cholesterol levels, protecting against stroke, and high blood pressure.
4. It is essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails. It helps in cell reproduction and constant renewal of the skin.
5. Vitamin B12 helps protect against cancers including breast, colon, lung, and prostrate cancer.
Make sure that your body is getting enough vitamin B12 by incorporating these foods in your diet: liver, meat, milk, cheese and some varieties of fish.