I am 43 year Old, diabetes problem from 2 year, I am taking medicine of diabetes, but my sexual power is very weak, facing problem of erectile dysfunction since one year and taking Viagra initially but now its not helpful. So,I want any ayurvedic medicine for strong sexual power and permanent cure for my problem.
Answered by Dr.Vipul Sharma
Like you mentioned your problem, erectile dysfunction (ED) is quite common in people with history of diabetes. As per statistics 60-70% of male having diabetes will experience problems with erection in their lifetime – says diabetologist. The actual causes of ED are a bit complicated to understand as this involve overall changes inside the body over an years.
A simple explanation : Apart from having great sex desire , you also need to have proper flow of blood through a healthy blood vessels to your sex organ ( Penis ) in order to have a strong erection. You need healthy nerves to control your erection and healthy levels of reproductive hormones. Erectile Dysfunction is mostly caused due to hormonal deficiency or nerve-related problems or a blockage in blood supply to the sexual organ. And the most common cause of ED is unhealthy blood vessels. Also, you need to understand that without healthy blood vessels and nerve impulse regulation, ED can occur irrespective of your levels of hormones and sexual desire. Highlighting the problem of ED in Indian men is worse, primarily because men here are reluctant to discuss their sexual issues with anybody else, even doctors.
There are various other factors that support ED in diabetic men. Primary factors include obesity or being overweight, smoking and lack of exercise. Sometimes, medicines for blood pressure can also add to ED. Stress, low self-esteem, depression and anxiety are also known to lead to ED.
If you are a man with diabetes, we’ve got good news and bad news about your sex life.
The bad news: Men with diabetes are three times more likely to report having problems with sex than non-diabetic men. The most common sexual problem is Erectile Dysfunction, or ED, sometimes called impotence. Even worse, because ED is such a private issue, many men feel embarrassed to discuss the problem with their doctor, or even their partner, so the problem is never addressed.
The good news: ED is one of the most treatable complications of diabetes. In fact, over 95 percent of cases can be successfully treated. With proven Arogyam Pure Herbs Herbal Supplements . Diabetic men with ED have options. It isn’t something you—or your partner—should have to live with.
What ED Is—and What It Isn’t
ED means the repeated inability to achieve or sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. Although sexual vigor generally declines with age, a man who is healthy, physically and emotionally, should be able to produce erections, and enjoy sexual intercourse, regardless of his age. ED is not an inevitable part of the aging process.
ED does not mean:
• An occasional failure to achieve an erection. The adage is true: It really does happen to everyone. All men experience occasional difficulties with erection, usually related to fatigue, illness, alcohol or drug use, or stress. It isn’t fun, but it is totally normal.
• Diminished interest in sex. ED occurs when a man is interested in sex, but still cannot achieve or maintain an erection. Many men with diabetes also experience a decreased sex drive, often as a result of hormone imbalances or depression. Decreased sex drive is quite treatable, but it is treated differently from ED.
• Problems with ejaculation.
# How Diabetes Causes ED
Human sexual response requires several different body functions to work properly and together: nerves, blood vessels, hormones, and psyche. Unfortunately, diabetes—and even the treatment for diabetes—can affect many of these functions.
• Nerves: One of the most common complications of diabetes is neuropathy, or nerve damage. Erection is a function of the parasympathetic nervous system, but orgasm and ejaculation are controlled by the sympathetic system. Neuropathy to either system can cause ED.
• Blood Vessels: Diabetes damages blood vessels, especially the smallest blood vessels such as those in the penis. Diabetes can also cause heart disease and other circulatory problems. Proper blood flow is absolutely crucial to achieving erection. “Erection is a hydraulic phenomenon that occurs involuntarily,” says Arturo Rolla, MD, of Harvard University School of Medicine. “Nobody can will an erection!” Anything that limits or impairs blood flow can interfere with the ability to achieve an erection, no matter how strong one’s sexual desire.
• Hormones: Diabetes often causes kidney disease, and kidney disease, in turn, can cause chemical changes in the type and amount of hormones one’s body secretes, including the hormones involved in sexual response.
• Psyche: Psychological issues can cause a diminished sex drive, but they can also lead to ED even when sex drive is fine. ED can follow major life changes, stressful events, relationship difficulties, or even the fear of ED itself. The physiological changes associated with fear can themselves cause ED!
• Medications: About 25 percent of ED cases are caused by drugs. Many medications, including common medicines prescribed for diabetes and its complications, can cause ED. The most
common offenders are blood pressure drugs, antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, and cimetidine (an ulcer drug). In addition, over-the-counter medications, including certain eye drops and nose drops, have been associated with ED. That does not mean you should stop taking these medications! Rather, you should discuss them with your doctor to determine whether a different dosage, an alternate medicine, or additional treatments will resolve the ED.
# Treatments for ED
ED is easily and successfully treated! If your sex drive is unaffected, but you experience problems achieving or sustaining erection for a period of four to five weeks, you may have ED. Talk to your doctor immediately. Don’t delay—erectile dysfunction doesn’t “just go away!” Additionally, ED could be a sign of a serious, even life-threatening complication, such as congestive heart failure or kidney disease. Ignoring your ED because it’s embarrassing could jeopardize your health.
Most men seek treatment from their family doctor, who may or may not be familiar with the range of treatment options. A specialist may be a better choice.
When initially a person start getting the problem of ED will start taking One of the three
medicines : Viagra, Cialis Or Levitra
The main difference among the three is in how long they last. Viagra is supposed to work for between 30 minutes and four hours; Levitra for 30 minutes to two hours, and Cialis for up to 36 hours.
These Drugs just provide temporary Relief from the issue but not the complete cure and gives so many side-effects in the body.
Viagra can cause temporary abnormalities of color vision. These drugs may be unsuitable for patients with heart disease. If you are considering one of these drugs and you have heart disease, as many diabetics do, be sure to tell your doctor. In rare cases, the pills may create “priapism,” a prolonged and painful erection lasting six hours or more (although reversible with prompt medical attention).
On the other hands Herbal Treatment is safe and fee from any kind of side-effects. Their results are slow but gives you the complete cure. As a naturopath treat the root cause of the problem not the symptoms hence gives you the complete and permanent cure.
Remember that ED is treatable. So don’t feel shy to discuss treatment options with your doctor.