1. The habit of drifting with circumstances, without definite purposes.
2. Lack of self-discipline, which generally manifests through excesses in eating, drinking, and indifference toward opportunities for self-advancement.
3. Lack of ambition to aim above mediocrity.
4. Lack of persistence in carrying through to a finish that which one starts.
5. Failure to reach decisions promptly and definitely and to stand by them after they have been made.
6. Wrong choice of associates in business or professional pursuits.
7. Lack of concentration of effort on the task at hand at a given time.
8. Habit of indiscrimate spending, without a budget control over income and expenditures.
9. Lack of vision and imagination sufficient to recognize favorable opportunities.
10. Lack of self-confidence of adequate proportions for the fulfillment of one's chosen objectives.