- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
- To invent, you need a good imagination. If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
- As a cure for worrying, work is better than whisky.
- Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.
- Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction...faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
- I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident.