Jan 28, 2023
Jan 28, 2023
Fact: Specialists say we normally loose in a day up to 100 hairs.
Causes of Hair Loss:
- Hormonal Imbalance (Thyroid gland is overactive or under active, Just gave birth)
- Chemicals in Shampoos, Conditioners
- Part of an underlying disease such as Lupus and Diabetes
- Have gone major surgery
- Taking Medicines such as blood thinners (also called anticoagulants), medicines used for gout, high blood pressure or heart problems, vitamin A (if too much is taken), birth control pills and antidepressants.
- Hairstyles that puts too much tension on your hair like Pigtails, ponytails (secured by elastic bands), cornrows or winding too tightly onto rollers (especially heated rollers)
- Chemicals used in permanents (also called "perms") may cause inflammation (swelling) of the hair follicle, which can result in scarring and hair loss.
- Scalp conditions such as Fungal infections or Psoriasis
Prevention of Hair Loss:
Hair loss in women and men can be prevented or stopped if you take care of your hair and scalp.
- Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
- If you use any shampoo, use only an ORGANIC shampoo or conditioner.
- Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
- Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
- Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair.
- Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry) in coconut oil and apply on hair for hair loss prevention.
What to Eat or Not to Eat for Hair Loss:
1. Protein Grows Hair
Because the hair is made of protein, a protein deficiency can cause hair loss. Add protein to the diet by including chick peas, soy beans, almonds, nuts, pumpkin seeds. (Hey, You may eat foods which are not only from animal products.)
2. Vitamin C is Needed for Healthy Hair
Vitamin C is also a component of healthy hair. Citrus fruits, such as oranges and lemons, are especially high in vitamin C, as are green peppers. Suggested dosage is 1,000 to 3,000 mg a day.
3. B Vitamins Increase Hair Growth
Biotin and the complex B vitamins are needed to grow hair. B3 helps increase circulation to the scalp, thereby encouraging hair growth. It is best to take a supplement that includes all of the B vitamins, called a B complex supplement, as the nutrients work synergistically.
Suggestions: legumes, eggs, mushrooms, yeast, nuts and salmon.
4. Iron Reduces Hair Loss
The mineral iron helps increase circulation in the scalp as well, which then fuels hair growth. Foods that are high in iron include liver, apricots and raisins.
5. Drink Water to Grow Hair
The hair shaft is comprised of one quarter water. Drink at least 10 cups of water a day to stay hydrated and grow healthy hair.
6. Reduce Alcoholic Beverages to Reduce Hair Loss
Drinking alcohol reduces hair growth. Reduce or eliminate alcohol from the diet and you will see an increase in hair growth.
7. Vitamin E Grows Hair
Vitamin E is another nutrient needed to grow hair. It stimulates the circulation in the scalp and can be taken internally or applied to the scalp.
8. Vitamin A Feeds Healthy Hair
Vitamin A helps create vibrant shiny hair because it works with the fat synthesis in the hair follicles and spurs hair growth. Foods that contain vitamin A include eggs, kale, squash, and carrots.
Natural Remedies for Hair Loss:
1. Coconut Milk
Applying coconut milk to the scalp is a popular folk remedy for hair growth, particularly in countries where people consume and use a large amount of coconut milk in cooking, such as Thailand and the Philippines. To use coconut milk on the scalp, apply approximately one-half cup to the scalp and wrap your head in a towel. Leave the coconut milk in your hair for about 30 minutes before shampooing your hair with a gentle shampoo to remove the coconut milk.
2. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is a common Ayurvedic remedy that is applied to the scalp for hair loss, according to Melanie A. Sachs, author of "Ayurvedic Beauty Care." To use rosemary essential oil, mix three teaspoons with six teaspoons of a carrier oil such as olive oil, vitamin E oil or avocado oil. Apply the mixture to the scalp and cover your hair with a towel. Leave the mixture on for 20 to 25 minutes before washing your hair with a gentle shampoo.
3. Black Pepper and Lime Juice
Black pepper and lime juice is a common folk remedy to help hair grow, and lime juice is regularly used in Ayurvedic medicine according to Melanie A. Sachs, author of "Ayurvedic Beauty Care." To apply black pepper and lime juice to the hair, blend two tablespoons whole black peppercorns with one-quarter cup of freshly squeezed or natural lime juice in a blender or food processor until the ingredients form a smooth, thin paste. Apply the paste to the scalp and wrap a towel around your head for 45 minutes before rinsing the hair with cool water and shampooing with gentle shampoo.
- Make a paste by mixing olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Apply and massage on the scalp and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash off and repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon honey with one small glass of brandy or vodka and onion juice; rub mixture into the scalp every night, cover with a cap and shampoo in the morning.
- Combine 1/4 cup of onion juice with one tablespoon of raw honey, and then massage the scalp with the mixture every night.
- Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then wash. This is a common natural cure for dull and dry hair.
5. Wheatgrass juice is one of the most effective remedies against hair fall. It is known to decrease the shedding tendency of hair within a few weeks of regular intake. Aloe vera juice has a similar effect. However, aloe gel can be applied to the scalp too. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wash the hair with lukewarm water. This can be done twice, every week.
|I applied coconut oil on my hair and there was so much of hair fall. strands from root were falling of. what to do ?|
|Doctor I used coconut milk and washed after an hour I noticed a lot of hair falling than usual while bath and even after drying. I'm very much worried by seeing strands of hair falling plz suggest me some thing|
|Hello Dr. Vipul, your tips to prevent hair loss are excellent. I think they can work wonders. Thanks a ton for sharing.|
|great info..... thanks Dr.Vipul Sharma.|