Please See :) Won't You ?!
My son’s migrated to secondary school now. He is all of 11 years. Time flies….
Just the other day, he was born and I was cradling him in my arms in Winchester hospital. I remember that day, or rather that ‘happening’ evening….very vividly.
It’s etched in mind as an indelible memory – unless, of course, Alzheimer’s strikes me ;) LOL.
Anyway, it’s home-school link time again :) Sharing with you some of the quotes that I found in his diary. He takes it every day to school and I’m supposed to see it every day to keep track of his school-work and home-work. In the weekends, I’m supposed to sign it so that his teacher is convinced that I’ve seen it :)
So here I go:
• One man’s faith is another man’s delusion. – Anthony Storr
• The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. – Bertrand Russell
• Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. – Albert Einstein
• A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer. – Dean Acheson
• As the island of our knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance. – John Wheeler
• He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. – Chinese Proverb
• You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
• The only certainty is that nothing is certain. – Pliny The Elder
• An Orator is a man who says what he thinks and feels what he says. – William Jennings Bryan
• Cuisine is when things taste like what they are. – Prue Leith
• Mistakes are the portals of discovery. – James Joyce
• One of the greatest joys to man is to take a flight into ignorance in search of knowledge. – Robert Lynd
• No nation is fit to sit in judgement upon any other nation. - Woodrow Wilson
• Curiosity is the key to creativity. – Akio Morita
• Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth. – Lillian Hellman
• Patience has its limits. Take it too far and it’s cowardice. – George Jackson
• Questions are the creative acts of intelligence. – Frank Kingdom
• The ballet is stronger than the bullet. – Abraham Lincoln
• Perception is real even when it is not reality. – Edward de Bono
• Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. – Sir Richard Steele
• Even he who is wiser than the wise may err. – Aeschylus
• Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts. – Nikki Giovanni
• Imagination is the eye of the soul. – Joseph Joubert
• We are what we repeatedly do. - Aristotle
• Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans. – John Lennon
The best advice I've heard was from a lady in her 80s at my grandmother's 90th birthday. I was telling her how wonderful my children are. She said, "Don't forget your husband: you only borrow your children; your husband you'll have for ever." - Davina McCall (TV Presenter)
|Views: 2117 Comments: 0|